Monday, October 15, 2007

Received a bad news very early this morning around 2+am... As I've mentioned in my earlier entry 2 weeks ago on my grandfather-in-law's condition not looking good... We received a call from the maid who's been taking care of 阿公 for 6 long years that he passed away @ 2.02am... 老公, brother-in-law & me was SHOCKED! I quickly woke my father-in-law up & we rushed to the hospital and 老公 stayed home to take care of little prince...

Some of the siblings were there when we reached the hospital... I braved myself up & went into the ward to see 阿公 for the very last time... I'd tried so hard to prevent my tears from falling but failed... None of the siblings managed to see 阿公 for the last time... It's really kinda sad when none of us managed to see him for the last time... The last updates that I got was that 阿公 slipped into coma on Sat, 13th Oct... Think fil never update us as he thought it's still ok...

Fil, bil & I stayed behind to get the necessary procedures done... Then we went back home to have a quick washup as we have to collect 阿公's corpse & also to get his death certificate done in the morning 8am... I called mil in China to inform her about the news & she broke down almost immediately & told her to get the earliest flight back to SIN... As mil's not back from China, we called up the caretakers to arrange to collect the corpse & also the to arrange all the funeral stuffs... Bil & I went back to SGH Blk 9 to collect the corpse around 7+am... After that, we went back to 阿公's place to see the tentages to be set up before we went back home to rest...

Called my 妈咪 to see if she can apply leave to help me take care of little prince & she agreed... * THANK YOU 妈咪! * As 老公 & I need to help out @ the funeral, so it's kinda impossible to have little prince around... It would be a hectic week for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home