Thursday, January 11, 2007

~*~ My rOuTinE cHecKuP ~*~

Went for my routine checkup today @ KKH... My appointment for growth scanning 3.15pm... My hubby & me reached KK @ 3.15pm & I've registered myself @ 3.25pm... And before my turn, there's a few more mummies in front of me... So hubby suggested that have our lunch 1st as we still have to wait for 1/2 hr then till my turn... We went KK's kopitaim & have Yong Tau Hu...

After our lunch, I'm excited as we can see our Kayden soon... Went up to the ADC @ 2nd level @ 3.50pm and waited @ the waiting area for my name to be called... Finally saw Kayden @ 4.01pm & the doctor taking down the measurements of his head, tummy, legs & arms and checked on my water bag... While she was scanning his half body, hubby & me saw Kayden moving his little hands & it's soooo cute... Kayden's head is facing down when doing the scan... Doctor only gave me an ultrasound scan pic with Kayden's face (2D pic) but the image not very clear... Finally I know Kayden's weight is 1.82kg...

After that, went to Clinic C @ 1st level for my routine checkup... Reached there @ 4.20pm and waited for my turn... My weight gain this month is 3.6kg (from 58.3kg to 61.9kg)... OMG!!! Haiz... The doctor told me that my Glucose Tolerance test (GTT) result is out & I've slight diabetes... As my mother has a history of diabetes... So the doctor suggest that I admit myself on Tuesday @ Obestetrics Day Care (ODAC) for a day to monitor my diabetes... Have to admit @ 8.30am and they will serve 3 meals that's low in sugar & I can discharge @ 5.00pm on the same day... After that, think they will provide me a test kit for me to monitor my glucose level 2 times per week @ home... Haiz... That means needles will be pricking my fingers again...And I have to start control my diet by not taking too sweet or too salty food... MEANING... No more junk food for me... Cuz from now on, my hubby will control what I eat... =(

I have to say that the waiting time for payment is very very slow... I'm done with the doctor @ 4.30pm and proceed to the cashier... Waited for almost 1/2 hr to 45 mins to make payments & the clinic not very crowded... They have 4 cashier counters yet soooo slow... By the time we left KK, it's already 5.20pm and the parking fees is $3.75 (soooooo ex)...

I'll be seeing the doctor in 2 weeks time... Hopefully by then, my glucose level is under control cuz I'm afraid of not able to give birth naturally... I DON'T WANT C-SECTION!!